Dave Pena teaches Wrestling classes at FLO Fitness & Martial Arts.
Dave Pena brings 25 years of wrestling experience to his students at FLO MMA. You can study with Coach Pena privately or in a small group setting. Lessons are available to students of all ages and skill levels. (No experience required.)
Coach Pena brings a calm demeanor and detailed explanations for all techniques. Not only will you learn basic and advanced techniques, but you will understand why they work and when to use them. Coach Pena will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses as a wrestler and provide you with instruction and drills designed to build good habits.
In addition to wrestling, Coach Dave also serves as an assistant Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor and teaches his students how to seamlessly integrate their wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills.
Remember, practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.
- All-American in 1997 with 100 Division I wins
- 3X Division I National Qualifier Division I
- 3X East Regional Finalist
- 2X East Regional Champion
- 4 Years Varsity at Eastern Illinois University
- 3X Captain at Eastern Illinois University
- IHSA All State 5th 1992
- Illinois Junior Freestyle State Champion 1991
- 12 years as high school wrestling coach
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Credentials
- NAGA Chicago Grappling Championship, 2013: 1st Place Masters Expert No-Gi Lightweight
- NAGA Chicago Grappling Championship, 2013: 1st Place Masters Purple Belt Gi
- Received Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, April 2013
- US Grappling Chicago, 2013: 1st Place Master's Advanced No-Gi